Monday, May 30, 2011

Copyright Issues

For creation of a logo, and its applications, images and fonts would have to be sourced or created. If they are sourced, then someone has taken the time and effort to create them. As such they will most likely have a detailed set of terms and conditions surrounding them and their use.

Images:
The images below have been sourced from Shutterstock.com, and would be used as applications for the logo I will create.

To purchase these images Shutterstock.com has given me a number of different liscencing options. If i wish to use the image for a limited audience, I can buy a five image plan for $45 AU dollars. This allows me access to 5 images off the website in high resolution.

In using these images I am agreeing to the contract of use put in place by shutterstock.com. Some key terms that i have to ad-hear to are:

  1. I can apply the images (on a limited licence, which I am on) to a medium which can be viewed by up to 250,000 people. No more. 
  2. In displaying the images on the web, the images must be no bigger than 800x600 pixels.
  3. The images can not be used in a bad/ offensive light, such as: A strip club, or by a politician.
Font:
The font that may be used in my logo creation have been sourced from fontfont.com.

 In purchasing this font, I am given a number of options for buying. For $26 I can buy a single weight of the font from the set. It will be liscenced to be used by up to 5 people. For $115 I can but the entire set of three fonts, also to be used by up to five people.

Some terms and conditions that I must ad-hear to in using the fonts are:

  1. I can give the font to five other people in my geographic location (eg, studio) to use.
  2. If the font does not perform as expected, I can get a refund.
  3. I can not transfer my liscence to the font.

1 comment:

  1. Task 3: 56/100 C

    Good work - hopefully this research helps in the problem solving process to create a magnificent logo design!

    ReplyDelete